Admission in B.Com.(H)
Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) is a three year full time undergraduate course, the minimum eligibility for which is a Higher secondary certificate (10+2) qualification with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.The program is spread over 6 semesters. It is designed to provide students with a wide range of managerial skills, while at the same time building competence in a particular area of business.
The program has been recently formulated by the university to meet the growing need of professionals in the finance and commerce sector. The novel and industry oriented design of the course make it an enriching experience for the students.
The course welcomes students who have a keen interest in gaining insight into complexities of the market and what makes it click! The objective of the program is to familiarize the students with the knowledge of Accounting, Economics, Taxation etc in addition to Management subjects.
During the three years of the program, students take-up live projects related to finance & accounting ; laws & policies concerning commerce; business management; financial decision making; financial statement analysis ; wealth management; marketing etc. Practical projects and surveys are a part of the learning with a view to give them a hold on theoretical aspects of different concepts of commerce and finance
The admissions are carried out strictly on merit basis through a Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Dwarka. A candidate must have satisfied the above mentioned eligibility criteria and qualify CET-GGSIPU, then he/she can attend the counseling for further admission process in the institute.
- It is a career-oriented courseand opens a wide scope of Com honors jobs after its successful completion. After successful completion of, one can either carry on further studies i.e M.COM, MBA etc or can look for a career in Banking, Finance, Auditing in both government and private sectors.
- They may also work as Tax Consultants or in the field of banking. Chartered Accountant (CA), Cost and Work Accountant (CWA), and Company Secretary (CS) are some other advanced career options in this field, besides financial services, marketing, project management, etc.
- A B.com (hons) prepares a graduate for a wide variety of careers dealing with the flow of money from accountants to investment banker, money manager to finance consultant.
- To provide advanced knowledge in Commerce.
- To develop competency in students to pursue higher level programmes such as CA, ICWA, ACS, MBA or other Masters Programmes in Commerce / Management.
3. To pursue a professional career and/or furthering higher education in the specified areas of specialization.
- To enhance employability and to be able to take up challenging job assignments.
5 To nurture the students in intellectual, personal, interpersonal and societal skills with a focus on Holistic Education